Saturday 10 August 2013

Glossybox August 2013 Review




This months glossybox it titled 'high flyers' and the products included are ideal for travelling, the products are all from different places around the world from Sweden to Brazil and includes some interesting products from brands that I have not heard of before and a variety of products which I would personally not buy myself but can enjoy which is exactly what I want when I open a box each month. Overall I am really impressed with this months box due to the fact that four out of five of the products are full sized and good products and also that two of the products come with replacement parts meaning that they are longer lasting!














Emite Make Up Eye Lash Curlers (from Sweden)
Im excited to try out these eyelash curlers as I currently don't own any eyelash curlers but have been eyeing some up for a while. These are from a brand which I have not heard of before and can be bought from www.emitemakeup.com for £20! Considering the normal price for this product is alot more then i'd be willing to pay for eyelash curlers I am quite happy that these were in this months glossybox and can't wait to use them. 


 Jelly Pong Pong 2-In-1 Eyeshadow/Liner (UK)
Another Full Size product in this months glossybox which is also something that I am excited to try is an eyeliner/eyeshadow from Jelly Pong Pong in black. I am excited to try this as an eyeliner and smudged as a shadow. The pencil itself is quite thick which is different to any other eyeliners that I own. I am also pleased that I received the black version of this product as in the leaflet they also have a picture of a purple and a blue which I would likely not use. I am a fan of Jelly Pong Pong and have received two other products from them in the past and have been impressed by them. This product can be bought from www.jellypongpong.com for £10.50

TRESemme Keratin Smooth Concentrated Treatment Shot (USA)
Another full sized product in this months box is a treatment shot from Tresemme, a brand that I know and like, I've seen these in supermarkets and have been tempted to try them out as they are only £1.49 which is reasonable if its effective. So i'm excited to try this out and see if its worth re-purchasing. The Keratin Smooth treatment is supposed to 'return sun, sea, salt and chlorine weathered hair to summer goddess glory' Its directed to be applied once a week to the ends of damaged hair after shampooing then left for 60 seconds before being rinsed out! Making it super quick and easy to use and affordable I'm looking forward to trying this.


 Oceane Make Up Remover Pen (Brazil) 
This was the product which I was most intrigued by when I opened my box as I have never seen a product like this nor heard of the brand. It is a brazilian product which is currently not available in the UK but information can be found on www.oceane.com.br The idea of this product is to touch up make up by removing the little bits or mistakes such as smudges around the eyes and lips! I've got high expectations of this product because if it works as it says it will i can see it being very handy as it is a good size to carry around in handbags and also has three replaceable tips with it meaning that I can hopefully be using it for a while. 
Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream (£7.99)
The only sample sized product which I received this month is still a handy 10ml of moisturiser. However my problem with this product is that is designed for oil-prone skin and is mattifying sadly my skin is dry and sensitive and in the past these types of moisturisers have left my skin dry and tight and not feeling moisturising. Which is a disappointment but this product can be passed on to my oily faced mother or sister and will still be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment